Saturday, November 12, 2011

Why would an Acura cost more in maintenance compared to a Honda?

Aren't a Acura and a Honda considered the same thing? Why such an exclusive car cost more in maintenance compared to a Honda?|||As everyone has stated, your just paying for the name brand. Acura is a luxury model for Honda, so you pay higher price since its an Acura.





This is not just Acura/Honda, also Lexus/Toyota, Infiniti/Nissan, and Audi/VW.





Best thing to save some bucks is if you have an Acura vehicle just visit your Honda dealer, they'll help you save some bucks. Thats what my mom does with her TL.|||I own a 06 acura tsx, bought new 11/17/06. I have all the service done by acura dealers While on a cross country roadtrip we did have the oil changed at a honda dealer in Topeka, Ks. It cost more than what my acura dealer charges. My mom owns a 08 honda accord that has cost her more in maintenance than my acura. She does not drive it much and when she does it is less than 5 miles in traffic. This is very hard on a car. My tsx has 122,000+ problem free-mostly highway miles. It still has the original brakes. My mom has had to replace hers already.|||Same situation prevails with Lexus/Toyota and Infiniti/Nissan: part prices are generally comparable, but the luxury-brand dealers can, and will, charge you more for service.





Now scale this up a bit farther for the Germans.|||They are extremely high in price for maintenance. Your paying for the "Acura" label. Acura is Honda's "luxury" brand... Same thing as Toyota and Lexus.. Its the same company but the luxury brand so it costs more..|||I have both and do my own work. There is no difference in the cost of maintenance, same **** different pile.|||Because acura is hondas luxury brand. You just basicaly payin for the name

No comments:

Post a Comment