Saturday, November 12, 2011

Why is my Acura hard to start when hot?

I have an Acura Legend 1989, a very nice and reliable car until now. Sometimes (50% of the time) when I make a quick stop (at the gas station, for example) the car will not start again until after about 20 minutes.





I replaced the spark plugs, the wires, the distributor cap and rotor. I change the oil regularly. I add an injectors cleaner regularly.





Have you had a similar problem with your vehicle? Is there any sensor that needs to be replaced? What do you recommend besides getting rid of the car?|||The reason your Acura won't start when it is hot is because of the main relay under the dash. In warm weather, the relay will heat up causing it not to respond. this relay controls the fuel pump. no fuel, no start.go to your local honda or acura dealer and purchase the part from them. i deal with this on a daily basis at work, a honda dealership.|||Update: All I had to do is replace the main relay under the dashboard. It cost me a quick trip to Nappa and $71 bucks. The dealer wanted $95 just to give me a diagnostic. Refer to http://techauto.tripod.com/mai鈥?/a> to find out more about this common problem with Honda and Acura vehicles.

Report Abuse


|||Very Helpful Answer





was having the EXACT same problem with my 1990 Acura Legend, changing the main relay


cleared it right up. Part ran me $29.36 after tax, and havent had problems starting since

Report Abuse


|||the main relay has gone bad inside. Acura certified tech.|||Try to change fuel pump relay|||This is a very common occurence in older Honda and Acuras. There is a engine temperature sensor that needs to be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment