Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Can an Acura car run on unleaded gasoline?

I am thinking about buying an acura integra for my next car. I heard that Acura says that premium gasoline must be used. Is this true? Can it run on unleaded?|||Well, like she said, that depends on the model. Acura is a premium car manufacturer, and like most of the others they require high octane fuel because of their engines, However, smaller engines like on 2 doors, might require regular. You could google it and find out what type of gas it uses, and that would answer your question. An Acura Integra probably will have to use Premium, and I would advise you to use the recommended fuel. If you use the cheaper fuel, it is hard on the engine and reduces performance and other things. Even though its slightly more costly, it's more costly to fix something (like the engine) if it breaks. Use whatever fuel is recommended by Acura. Trust me-If you want your car to last-don't cheap out! I hope this helps.|||Unleaded means the gas doesn't have lead. Premium gas is just as unleaded as regular. Yes, you can run on regular gas, but you'll lose horsepower. It really isn't that big of a deal though, premium will only cost you about 2 more dollars per fill up. That's an extra 2 dollars a week added to your budget. I'm sure you can handle the extra cost to make the car run right.|||I am not sure about the specific model you plan on buying, but I have a 2000 Acura TL. I have always used unleaded gasoline for it and it runs great. It has many years left in it. Hope I helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment