Saturday, November 19, 2011

How often do I change the transmission fluid on my 2001 Acura TL?

Tried to find a maintenance schedule online, guess I could look in my owner's manual, but I'm trying to figure out how often to change the transmission fluid. This car has 115k miles on it and the transmission was replaced at 55k miles. I believe the fluid was last changed at 90k miles, but I'd need to check my service records to be certain.





Also am wondering from you Acura mechanics out there if you recommend changing the trans fluid more often since the transmissions in these cars are garbage. Thanks.|||On those vehicles, every 30K-45K miles.


The pre-2004 TL's and CL's were famous for disasterous transmission problems.|||Those are well known for tranny failures as you already know. My advice change the fluid every 15,000 miles. It's pretty inexpensive at most independent shops. It's simply drain and fill. No pan and filter to change. That should help prolong it. Also, if your tranny has been replaced, and it was replaced after 3/2005, you have a redesigned tranny that should not have the failure problem.|||Hi


ATX failure occurs when ATX fluid overheats that causes damage to temperature sensitive internals of an ATX


If ATX fluid is no longer RED and has a burnt smell to it, change it immediately completely with a flush and filter.


Also consider installing auxiliary ATX cooler (radiator) to significantly lower ATX operation temperature and prolong ATX life

No comments:

Post a Comment