Saturday, November 19, 2011

What if I used regular unleaded(87) for my Acura TL instead of higher according to manufacturer?

So recently i bought an Acura TL, and i had just found out by reading the manual that it "recommends" using premium gasoline . what would happen if i already filled my tank with regular unleaded gas? will it damage my vehicle?|||No, you will just loose a small amount of HP.|||You can use but make sure u put a bottle of octane booster with it and that u are at least putting a half of tank or higher of gas in it. I have a Acura TL and it runs off premium to but in my opinion just buy the premium gas its alot better and doesnt burn as fast as 87 gas it may be higher but its worth your money|||The difference in gas is the octane level. You can buy just a bottle of octane boost %26amp; put it in your engine if you are truly worried (walmart, $10). As long as the car is idling fine %26amp; accelerating normally your okay.|||it could. My momand i share a mercedes and she had to take it into the shop when we first got it because the idiot before her put in a tank of the crap gas and it was messing up her engine. I'm not sure about acura's, but i would only use the premium.|||Usually the computer will just retard the timing and your car will run a little less responsive. But my friend used 87 once on his TL and he said that it pinged and drove like crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment