Saturday, November 19, 2011

Is it really necessary to take an Acura to the dealer for an oil change or will a oil changing shop be fine?

I bought an Acura TL about 5 months ago and I am due for an oil change. I know the dealers act like you MUST take it there to have it done right, but will a place like jiffy lube work just as well?|||you can take it any where you want to,the dealers would like for you to believe their the only ones that can change the oil in those,any oil changing shop can do this,and a lot cheaper also,as long as they use good quality oil and a good filter it will be fine,you don't have to run to the dealer every time it needs something like that ,good luck on it.|||your welcome.

Report Abuse


|||As long as the shop is reputable it should not make any difference where you have it done.|||If it's a new car, i'd let the dealer do the changes til the warranty runs out.


rkb|||jiffy lube wont invalidate your warentee, just remember to save your reciepts|||Well it depends. I recently bought a new Toyota and i get free oil changes for life. Some places may do free oil changes for a year. You should see if they do a deal like that. If not take it to anyplace but put a mark on your oil filter and when there don't check the filter and see if they really changed that some places do stuff like that to make more money.|||I've had my Acura for about a year and a half and I've never taken it to the dealership for an oil change. I always go to my local valvoline oil change shop. It's faster, you don't have to make an appointment and is cheaper. The only thing I recommend is that you use synthetic in your car. If you want to do that you must do it from the beginning. If not, its not worth spending the extra $$$|||I would take it to a dealer I work for a dealer and I know they do it right Because we get a 1000 dollars every month if a car does not come back with a complaint if one does we get so much taken out of that bonus for everycar|||what do you expect them to say?





us federal law makes your new car warrantee valid when performed by any non dealer shop.


All you must do is save the reciepts, But youd have to do that even at a dealer. ( cuz why would you trust them).





anybody but Jiffy, they are hacks.





to the guy who said FREE oil changes.


there is no such thing , ITS PREPAID OIL CHANGES.


wake up. smell the roses.|||yes pretty much any service garage will work for just an oil change.

No comments:

Post a Comment