Saturday, November 19, 2011

How come if I drive my acura rsx after 5 rpm i notice the sounds of my car changes intensely?

I ride in my cousins toyota, and when his car reach 5 rpm, it doesnt make that much change of a sound





but when my acura reaches 5rpm suddenly like it just gets louder..kinda sounds like those race car gassing up alot|||This is something inherent in Honda's VTEC system: you have different cam profiles, and at around 5000 rpm, the engine switches over. (Why? One's optimized to give reasonable performance at low RPM, another to maximize power at high RPM.)|||VTAK JUST KICKED IN YO!





Seriously, your iVTEC changeover is about that point. (And it's 5000RPM, not 5).|||its the vtec kicking in. its one of the sweetest sounds ever.|||What's wrong with that? That is where you peak power is %26amp; way below redline anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment