Saturday, November 12, 2011

I have a 92 Acura Legend and I was wondering what is the best oil to use?

My 1992 Acura legend is my baby with 176,000 miles and I'm really trying to see what I can get out of it for performance. I'm working on putting in a new air intake and a new exhaust system but before that, I'm ready for an oil change...





My friend told me to switch over to synthetic oil to help clean out the engine and get it running better. He told me to change the oil with synthetic for like 3 oil changes then continue with a synthetic blend. I'm willing to pay the money for it but should I switch over to full synthetic? If not, what should I use for performance?





Thanks for your help! It's really appreciated!|||stick with 5/30


any brand will be fine


synthetic is a waste of money


oh that intake and exhaust is also a big waste of money too


is a 92 with 170k|||I have an 88 Acura Legend with 326,000 mi. on the clock I have been using Moblie one from 80k miles. Synthetic is only 3 bucks more a quart. Its cheap insurance. Also Honda says use 5/30 preferably. If Moble1 is good enough for ferrari, then its good for me..

Report Abuse


|||i have a 92 with 245,000 on it. Just recently got a cherry bomb exhaust and an aem cold air. But then again i am swapping for a type II engine to put in there.But i bet my engine has at least another 80,000 left on it

Report Abuse


|||Usually 5W30 is good.


Some companies make an oil for higher mileage cars.


Synthetic isn't always good|||exactly what it calls for- 5w30





tricking out a car w/ 176K on it is just asking for trouble, even if it's an Acura.





Synthetics won't make it run better. How would oil make it run better? Make it slippery? If it were that easy, all of the auto manufacturers would be using it.|||dont use synthetic oil because the engine have high milage and synthetic oil are way too think and will cause a oil leak. if it was my car i would just keep using the regular 10-30w oil or 5w-30w.|||you have a high mileage car and NOW want to trick it up...hahahahahaha...funny...


manual says 5W30....use it or lose the engine.|||With high mileage on my car I use Havoline 10W-40.

No comments:

Post a Comment